Join the 501 Council
As a member of Greenlights' 501 Council, you'll learn about and impact Central Texas' nonprofit sector while building a network of community-minded friends! Made up of Austinites from all industries and backgrounds, this membership group funds accelerator grants, enabling nonprofits to benefit from Greenlights' consulting services! Join today!
About the 501 Council
Want to impact Central Texas' nonprofit community – and have fun doing it?
- strengthen our community by strengthening local nonprofits
- connect with current and future community leaders from all industries
- learn about the nonprofit sector
- get involved in philanthropy
What does "collaborative giving for greater impact" mean?
Greenlights' 501 Council is a group of community-minded individuals who want to make a meaningful impact by strengthening local nonprofits. Member donations are pooled to fund accelerator grants, bringing local nonprofits together for expert-led intensive training, consulting and coaching. This peer-learning, cohort model is proven to accelerate organizations to be more innovative, results-focused and successful in tackling big community problems.
The need is great. Your impact is, too!
With 5,660 nonprofits in Central Texas, we know there are many organizations with the potential to transform our community, but they often lack adequate human capital and business expertise to do so. Every day, business entrepreneurs find investors to provide the capital they need to grow. Greenlights believes nonprofit innovators need investment capital, too. By joining the 501 Council, your investment equips high-potential, local nonprofits with the tools and support they need to excel.
- An annual financial gift of your choice ($250 or $501), to support capacity-building consulting engagements and cohort training for local nonprofits. Membership levels include the following benefits:
- Attendance at 501 Council activities (as you are able):
- October – 501 Council kickoff happy hour
- February and March – Educational offerings about the nonprofit sector, board service, etc.
- April – Pitch event (council votes to select grantees)
- May – Happy hour celebration of grantees
For more details, or to arrange installment payments, please contact Kate Smallwood at 512.477.5955 ext. 247.
Search this Site
Upcoming EventsView All Events
Looking for new board members?: Apply to be featured at Board Summit, a fast-paced networking event designed to introduce hundreds of professionals to local nonprofits looking for new board members. Apply by March 10.
NEW Fund Development Research: Help us better understand the challenges facing fundraisers in Central Texas. Complete this short survey and hear the results on May 2 at the Fund Development Town Hall.
Donor Relationships and Fundraising Strategy: Check out our latest video series on fundraising and hear from some of the savviest nonprofit professionals in town. (login required)
Board service just got easier!: Greenlights' OnBoard connects those looking to join a board with the nonprofits that need new board members, while providing information and resources on board service. Find open board positions.