One of the most important and exciting decisions a board makes is hiring a new Executive Director. Are you ready? Hiring a new leader presents a unique chance to assess the current state of your organization, evaluate and build consensus for the organization's mission and vision, and make a strategic hire that will take your nonprofit to a new level of success. Though it can seem overwhelming, we can help you turn the transition time of risk and concern into one of opportunity and progress.
"Economic Growth Business Incubator (EGBI) was looking to bring on its first ever executive director and hired Greenlights to facilitate the transition. This service enabled our organization to transition into a formal nonprofit with great speed and scale that today is paying social dividends to the Central Texas community."
- Thomas Miranda, 2011 Board Chair, EGBI
You're not alone!
Research suggests that many Executive Directors will be stepping down in the near future. In a 2007 survey of Central Texas nonprofit executives, two-thirds of current executives indicated that they plan to leave their positions within five years.
We have developed a set of resources and processes to help you manage finding and placing a new Executive Director. We will work with you through every step, from developing a succession plan to placing an Interim Executive Director, managing the search process, and getting your new Executive Director off to a strong start. Our Greenlights Interim ED or transition management consultant can also help you objectively diagnose the organization’s strengths and weaknesses so you will know exactly what skills to look for in your new Executive Director.
Contact us to learn more about how our services can help. We are happy to provide references if you wish to talk with a former client.
Our leadership transition services include:
- Placing an Interim Executive Director to maintain high quality services
- Assessing the current organization to understand leadership priorities
- Guiding the search process through the creation of a transition committee and supporting their activities, such as crafting and posting the position and reviewing and interviewing candidates
- Supporting the Interim Executive Director and the board throughout the transition
- Providing hands-on guidance for your board from experienced consultants
- Coaching the board and new Executive Director to ensure you are all poised for success
For more information about our consulting services, contact Sherry Sybesma, Director of Consulting Services.
Related Blog Posts
Search this Site
New research reveals nonprofit sector threats: On the Verge report details size, scope and economic value of Austin's nonprofit sector.
New Mission Meet-Ups: Members can dive deeper into our new On the Verge report with a benchmark report highlighting statistics in their mission area.
Register for Philanthropitch on 4/27: See Austin's most promising nonprofits compete in a fast-pitch forum for cash prizes and a shot at the 2015 Accelerator.
We've moved: Find us at Mopac and Steck in the UFCU Plaza.